On-board equipment development project (OBE)
Fig. 1.1. Interconnection project management process.
— complex of interdependent organizational, technical, managerial and financial measures aimed for accomplishing the tasks of OBE's designing, development, production and supporting.
Project management procedures
(fig. 1.1) — activities and procedures connected with implementation of control functions that aimed for providing the OBE creation for promising aircraft.
The initialization process
of OBE development project is the follow-up activity after the initialization process of new aircraft development or the existing type modernization. The following tasks are solved:
Fig. 1.2. Subcontractors cooperation structure.
The planning process
- the concept selection of the OBE composition (OBE constructive form selection screening);
- the concept exploration from the view of the cost, technical novelty, development risks and certification;
- the designation of the project head manager on OBE development and certification tasks;
- issuing of the project charter;
- the preliminary project budget.
includes the following goals:
- The cooperation determination of project associate contractors and project management organizational structure (fig. 1.2). The goal is to provide the implementation of OBE development project via the calculation of entitlements, duties (functions) and responsibilities of the cooperation participants depending on management level.
After the initial design the certain organizations and enterprises are specified, picked for participating in the cooperation on the results of the suppliers' proposals evaluation. Participants’ functions and responsibilities are described at the OBE Project management plan, which is issued by Aircraft Developer at the project planning stage. >>>